Friday, October 30, 2009

Thawing Out

The sun came out today and melted more than half of the snow away.  I was really hoping it would stick around until Sean comes home from Arizona tomorrow, so we could build a snowman. The kids in our neighborhood were having the time of their lives as they did not have to go to school for the third snow day in a row.  I tried hard to get back into the groove of housecleaning and laundry after spending two days distracted and entertained by the weather.  Today was the first time since moving to Colorado I took our walk after a snowy day for various reasons.  The first winter I was too busy with my job to do anything but work.  Last winter I was just starting to get out, the winter was pretty warm and hardly snowed, and I was a too "wimpy" on the cold days to walk.    I really hope when I start working again I can continue to enjoy the little things. 

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.