Saturday, July 11, 2009

Master Bedroom "Lighten Up" Project

Being the busybody that I am is so difficult while being unemployed and broke! I have so many ideas for projects to do around the house during my unemployment however, with no job I have hardly any cash at all. I have been selling things on Craigslist and Ebay to liquidate random things and bring in cash however, I will eventually run out of items to sell. Hopefully by then the recession will end and Sean and I will have jobs again. Until then to keep myself busy, Scott has often questioned why I do not know how to just chill or relax. I can't I always have to be doing something. I have rearanged rooms cleaned out closets, painted every room at least two times. When I have a new plan for a room I search ever closet, the basement, thrift stores looking for items for my new project.
For my master bedroom I wanted to create a serene peaceful and open place to relax in case I ever decide to. So I picked another color from the Ralph Lauren Modern Light collection called Beach Water (Sounds relaxing). Our room is quite small for a master bedroom so I tried a trick I saw on HGTV and added floor to ceiling curtains. I bought the curtains at Bed Bath and Beyond with 20% coupons. Scott and I had to stand in line with one curtain and I with the other so we could use multiple coupons. The cashier looked at me funny and said just this one? The only other purchase for the room were the throw pillows I found on clearance at TJ Max. Everything else was already in the room or recycled from another room in the house or extra stuff in the storage room from our old Mesa, AZ house. I finally won the battle with Scott to remove the computer desk from the room arguing the bedroom is for rest. We do not have a television or a computer in our bedroom and I love it!!!! I still want to add some character to the room and I am thinking of a personal art project for above the bed and crown molding. Someday?
The picture here was taken at night with our energy saving lights on while the pictures above were taken in the early evening with sunlight coming into the room.

2 comments:

Home-style Hodepodge said...

Dang. It looks good.

Whitney said...

There is absolutely no way the vet said Millie wasn't fat! She has got some major junk in the trunk!

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.