Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow day? Not a chance.....

Finally we are getting some snow.  Nothing spectacular, just enough to interrupt the day.  Funny thing is Whitney is living in Nashville where almost any snow on the ground results in a snow day.  I think she has had at least four snow days this school year.  As for us, I think we have had about five or six snow days in the three years we have lived in Colorado!  One thing I can say about living here, is the main roads and freeways are cleaned up almost as quickly as the snow falls.  Gotta get those skiers and snowboarders to the ski trails safely, I suppose.  As we near the end of our third winter, we have yet to drive into the mountains during the winter months.  And we even bought Sean a snowboard and all the gear back in 2007!  Someone needs to come out here and go snowboarding with Sean.  Warning....I hear it is pretty expensive (one reason we haven't gone yet).
Yesterday morning I woke up and found this squirrel on our deck looking into the back door (maybe he knew the snow was coming?).  By the time I grabbed my camera he changed his mind and hurried away.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.