Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Roxborough State Park - Fountain Valley Trail


Yesterday I was trying to get back into the job search mode when one of my friends from school called and asked me to go on a hike.  I told her about how we tried to get into Roxborough State Park last year and was turned away because the park was at "Full Capacity".  


Only 12 miles from my front door, I was so excited to see how beautiful this park was as we drove in.  Since it was already noon and about 80 degrees we decided to take a moderate 2 mile trail named Fountain Valley.  We were so exited to find Mule Deer at the head of the trail just hanging out about 10 feet in front of us.  They let us step closer and take pictures!


According to the visitor center each trail has a different type of scenery because this park sits "Where the Plains meet the Mountains".  I am so excited to go back with Scott over the next couple of weeks and hike the other trails.  Scott was so disappointed he could not go yesterday, he was back at work for the first day after 12 days off to visit family in AZ.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.