Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Iowa road trip: Back to where it all began

Dad and I spent the past weekend in Iowa sightseeing and enjoying time with family. Dad had a strict agenda that included visiting all the landmarks of his youth, his parents grave site and hunting down Iowa Hawkeyes stuff. There was little time for rest.
I took the picture above as dad drooled over the University of Iowa stadium, wishing it was football season.
The picture above was taken in our home town of Davenport looking towards the Mississippi River.

Dad took me all over town reminiscing, some buildings were remodeled, some destroyed, some abandoned. Dad showed me the house he lived in as a little boy, the house where we lived when I was born, the building downtown where his dad owned and ran a shop and most importantly (to my siblings and I) the building above. Dad was shocked to see the building still there and named the Coliseum after more than forty years since he met my mother there.
We took this picture at my cousin Bob's house on Sunday night as we said goodbye to our family who were so fun and hospitable during our visit. My home is always open to any of you to come and visit Colorado. Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.