Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Weekend Projects

Scott and I had a super busy weekend, working on outside projects the last 7 snowy/rainy weekends would not allow. The first project was to install a solar powered attic fan. We bought the fan through Costco.com for $319 and we are hoping it will help make our house more comfortable this summer as we have opted for another summer without AC in our house. This will be our third summer here and it seems as if July and August are the only hot months and the house is only hot from about 1 pm - 4pm. Nights are always cool and we can open the windows to cool down the house. The attic fan is free to run and should reduce the temperature about 10 degrees and increase the life of our roof too. I'm sure we won't regard this purchase.
The next project involved working in the garden, and cleaning up the yard. So far we planted strawberries, cucumber, zucchini, tomato varieties, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and kale.
I took this picture of our clean front yard as we were getting ready to take our daily walk. I tried to walk hard enough to get real hot and sweaty so I could come home and take a cold shower, since our brand new water heater is still not working. Well that did not work, the cold water felt like frozen needles stabby me. Scott walked down to the rec center and showered there. I still haven't picked up my free membership card (I know I have lived here 2 years), so I did not want to go down and say "can I get my picture taken" when I haven't had a shower in two days. Gross!

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.