Saturday, November 14, 2009

Small closet solutions

Today I took on my side of the master bedroom closet.  My closet is always somewhat organized but I am always looking for more organization.  I am all about color coding in my closet however I can never decide how to organize.  I always sort my tops from light to dark colors starting with white and ending with black.  I never know where to stick orange and red?  If I have a dark red and then a light green or blue, it throws the whole scheme off visually.  Then my next dilemma is do I arrange short sleeve whites the long sleeve whites or do all the short sleeve then all the long sleeves? Do I separate the casual shirts from the dressy ones?  I am getting ready for student teaching so I decided to separate so the casual shirts are on the top rack and the dressy shirts on the bottom.  Storage bins in my closet are a necessity as the closet is SUPER small and requires creative storage utilities.  My project today involved labeling all my bins for quick recognition of items I need.  Like any girl I have a dozens of shoes and all with a purpose.  I have many of these shoes stored in plastic bins so they are easy to organize and do not collect dust.  I labeled every single bin today, I feel so accomplished!  Thank you Container Store
Poor Millie was so bored as she laid at the foot of the bed and pouted during my project.  As soon as I finished my project I redeemed myself by taking her out for a nice walk in the park.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.