Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Guest Room is Getting a Makeover

Wow! I can't believe how busy our guest room has been lately. Whitney visited from March 11-15 and then Sean's best friend Austin showed up and stayed from March 17-25. On the 25th Sean and Austin flew to Arizona and I decided I wanted to give the Guest room a fresh look before Chelsea and Dave show up on April 9th. Our guest room is generally Chelsea's old bedroom from Arizona. We used the same paint scheme bedding and stuff when we moved to Colorado. Before
I did not have much money to invest but I am making the best with what I have. I already have all the paint supplies and primer, so one can of Ralph Lauren Natural Berry paint from the natural light collection for $29 got me started. Then I went to the Macy's clearance shelf with a coupon from the paper and found sheets originally $70 and pillow shams originally $70 both marked down to $29.99 plus an additional 30% off and then after my $10 off coupon I paid $31.98 for a savings of $108.02! Then I scrounged through boxes of old things of the girls and found a few things to place in the room to go with my new serene and fresh look. I found it difficult to capture the pretty color on the wall, The picture below does not do it justice. I am going to paint an old lamp and keep a lookout at Goodwill for finishing touches for the room. Please let me know when you would like to make your reservation!
After

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.