Saturday, April 25, 2009

We have a visitor: Dad is on his way

My dad has mentioned to me a couple of times over the past year that he would like to come visit us at the end of April. I did not expect him to really show up though. We always have family mentioning to us a time they would like to come visit, and although I believe their intentions are true, they do not make it. My daughters Whitney and Chelsea can't stand not see their mother for very long (and they love Colorado) so they visit three or four times a year. Other than my adorable daughters and their guys, only Grandma Jewell has come to see us in the two years we have lived here. Hence, I created the blog to tempt more family to come see us.

Dad called me at 11 pm on Wednesday and said "Jenny, are you ready for my visit this Sunday?" Of coarse I am (Not really). Dad was planning on driving his new car out here on Sunday, 14 hours all alone in the car. I was worried so we used one of Sean's free frequent flier flights with Southwest to send Sean to Arizona the next day. Sean is going to keep grandpa company for the long drive. I am so excited, yet a bit overwhelmed with school and job hunting. Next weekend I am going to road trip with dad to Iowa to see our family there. I love going on a road trip with dad. We listen to great Beatles music and have deep intellectual conversation. In 2005 my brother Josh, Sean and I drove with dad to Universal Studios and had a great time. My brother is a character and is always picking on my dad. Josh actually picks on everyone, it is his way of showing he cares. We love you to Josh and remember you are my favorite brother.
Dad, Dracula and Josh at Universal Studios
By this time tomorrow I will be kicking back with dad (hopefully if I get my homework for Tuesday out of the way). I'm sure we will see a couple of movies, because that is dad's favorite thing to do. I will definitely take dad to Red Rocks because the Beatles played there back in the day and there are displays commemorating their performance. I'm not sure what else we will do yet, maybe a drive to Breckenridge, Estes Park or Vail since they are all a short drive and Spring is here. Or maybe the Cave of the Winds, never been there but looks "neato" as Butters would say. I guess I'll ask dad what he is interested in, there are so many things to do. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.