Wednesday, December 9, 2009

If I wanted to live in Alaska....

We came home from Phoenix a week ago Tuesday to a beautiful 60 degree day and the warning of snow and cold temperatures on the way.  Every day for the past week has been so abnormally cold and I am starting to get real tired of it.  Snow is not the problem, COLD is the problem here.  Yesterday the high was only 7 degrees which caused problems such as  frozen pipes, cars sliding and rolling off the roads, cars that won't even start and more.  A cute sixth grade boy told me yesterday that we have been colder than Alaska?  I looked it up and he is right, we are much colder!  I was driving home from school last night and could not clean my windshield because the washer fluid froze on the windshield as it hit,

This morning at 5 am woke up to let the dogs out and Millie froze literally!  She was stuck in the back yard and could not move and started to cry.  I felt so bad!  I had no idea it was -17 degrees out there.  Millie had a sweater on but I guess I need to find her some snow booties?  Negative 17 degrees, seriously?
As I write my blog and look outside to a beautiful sunny day, I think it should be a nice day today?  Then I look to the morning news reporting school closures and delay because of extreme cold as they report the temperature has warmed up to -8 degrees with a wind chill factor of -30 degrees.  Looks are deceiving.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.