Sunday, December 27, 2009

The long Christmas weekend is coming to an end

I know I wrote a few days ago about how much I wanted Christmas to be over, but I think I was just having a moment.  I was raised the oldest of a large and wild family and went on to have my own children young always surrounded with the chaos and joy of children for as long as I can remember.  Looking back I used to dream of the day when I could have a little peace, and now that I have it I miss the chaos.  As the famous saying goes "be careful what you wish for".
Scott and I spent the past four days just hanging out, watching movies, window shopping, eating and taking the dogs on walks.  This Christmas our house was very quiet and peaceful.  No staying up late to stuff stockings and waking up early for anxious children to open presents.  We stayed up late watching movies, slept in and headed to the mall for some chaos.
The entire four days were cold but absolutely beautiful.  After living 32 years in the desert of Arizona, I can really appreciate the beauty of a white Christmas weekend (especially when I can see the snow capped Rocky Mountains everywhere I go). And I actually do not mind driving in the stuff so much any more.

FYI...we did not break out the snowshoes this weekend.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.