Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My other two girls


These two girls surely keep me busy and provide entertainment, love and frustration.  I have had Sparky for 10 years now and her Australian Sheppard comes out as she tries to heard me around the house, chases rabbits, squirrels and birds in the back yard and barks at everything including a mother pushing her baby in a stroller along our side fence and her favorite enemy, the UPS truck.  Sparky runs and hides when you say "Bath" and sings along to a harmonica.  She is always on guard and although she can be annoying she makes me feel safe. 

Millie on the other hand is a big chicken.  She is always nervous, shy and scared.  Chelsea saved Millie from the animal shelter in Tempe about three years ago and brought her to Colorado about a year later when she decided to leave her with me.  I believe Chelsea noticed how much Millie and I bonded and how much Millie enjoyed being outside here and all the extra attention.  Sometimes I think Millie has helped to keep my spirits up.  She is so loving.  She follows me everywhere, cuddles up in a ball next to me or on my lap when I let her.  She keeps me on a schedule letting me know when it is time for her morning snack, dinner, a walk and even bedtime.  She becomes annoyed and nervous when I stay up past 11 pm, she wants to go to bed at 10:30!


These girls keep me so busy, and give plenty of love, laughs and memories!

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.