Monday, September 7, 2009

Manitou Springs Colorado

Sunday Scott and I jumped in the car and headed to Colorado Springs to explore something new. At the time we were not sure what but I remembered a special program I viewed on Manitou Springs a town right between the Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak. The area was once considered sacred by Native Americans because of the eleven natural mineral springs supplied by Pikes Peak. The town offered more than Scott or I expected and was so busy and crowded we had trouble finding parking and almost left. The views around the town were beautiful as expected, the weather was nice and shops were interesting and worth checking out. Scott and I walked around and sampled the different mineral springs each with a unique taste, one was like drinking Alka Selzer, no joke!When we found ourselves good and hungry we stopped and ate lunch at The Mate Factor Common Grounds Cafe. I tried drinking a raspberry mate and Scott and I shared a tuna melt and a turkey wrap that were amazingly tasty. I had never heard of Yerba Mate a tea that apparently contains more antioxidants and vitamins than Green Tea. I felt good and energized after my drink could it be the tea or just psychological?
There was so much to do and see in this area, including eating, shopping, hiking, biking, Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Cave of the Winds as well as camping, cabins and Bed and Breakfasts and so much more, check out the website. Exploring everything this area has to offer will take many day trips and we are excited because this is only a one hour drive from where we live! Driving less than one hour in Colorado beauty between Highlands Ranch and Colorado Springs is much better than my old one hour daily drive to work between Mesa and Scottsdale, AZ.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.