Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Winter Park Fall Day Trip

Saturday Scott and I set out northwest 75 miles to Winter Park for another Colorado adventure.  Scott did not care where we went this time, he just wanted to be in the mountains. I heard a classmate talking about the Alpine Slides in some of the mountain towns and I wanted to try one. 
We took about a ten minute chairlift ride up where we enjoyed the nice weather and beautiful fall colors.  (Unfortunately I dropped my camera case from the chairlift taking these pictures)  The ride down the 3000 ft slide was so fun as we dropped 610 vertical feet!  What a blast!!!  After the slide we decided to hike to the top of the mountain so we packed up some water and snacks and headed up. 

The hike was more than I thought it would be and I had to keep removing layers as we headed up.

Scott kept asking if I wanted to turn around and I kept refusing because I wanted to make it to the top.  However, we never made it all the way before we decided to turn around because my legs felt like jello and my heart was racing.  I was so disappointed and Scott tried to excuse my tiredness on hiking at 10,000 ft elevation. Whatever, I was still disappointed! 
The views were worth the exhaustion as usual.


No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.