Sunday, June 21, 2009

Homework Avoidance Techniques

I am beginning to feel burnt out with writing papers for school. I had no idea that getting a master's degree was all about writing. This Tuesday I will have finished 20 credits towards my Master's in Elementary Education and I have written numerous papers. I am an excellent test taker as I have a photographic memory. However, I am too much of an over analyzer to write a paper efficiently. This week I have 4 papers to write and a project to complete and instead of working on them I have been painting. After painting the Entry this week I decided to paint the green kitchen and dining area a soft shade of blue. Scott really wanted me to find a sky blue and I did my best. I choose another color from the Ralph Lauren Modern Light collection called Pale Orchid. I love this collection of light soft colors, I feel like I can't go wrong. I am going to include pictures of the dining area and wait for the kitchen because it is still a work in progress.
The picture above is looking towards the front entry from the dining area around sunset. I like the way the colors complement each other. At least the blue works well with my table and green accents from my old green kitchen! I love Van Gogh, I have his work in many rooms. This was a poster I had for many years and never bought a frame. Michaels was having a 50% off sale this week lucky me!
This is another picture taken at sunset looking from the living room towards the backyard. Can you see Millie waiting to come in? She gets kind of anxious when I do projects around the house.

This picture was taken in the evening with my energy saving fluorescent lights.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.