Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Weather Changes so Quickly!

At 1:45 pm Scott calls me from work to inform me of a Tornado warning for Douglas County. I was unaware since I was deep cleaning the kitchen with no T.V. or radio on. I was enjoying the storm with the windows and doors open. There was rain, hail, lightening, thunder and some wind however, I would not have guessed funnel clouds spotted in the area. I looked up the weather on the Internet and found the tornado warning expires at 2 pm. By 2:30 the dogs are begging to go outside and I realize the sun is shining and the air smells and feels crisp and clean. So I grabbed my camera to try and capture how beautiful it looked within 30 minutes of dark stormy weather with funnel cloud activity. I love all the rain we have been getting because it keeps the air fresh and we have not had to water the grass at all this year. More so, our house remains at 70 degrees all day with no A/C or fans. So our water and electric bill will be so cheap this month!

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.