Thursday, June 11, 2009

Making Chocolate Chip Cookies in a High Altitude

When I was about ten years old I learned to make chocolate chip cookies with my mom and we would just follow the Nestle Toll House recipe and the cookies came out perfect every time. I memorized the recipe and would try making small alterations and eventually became know as the one to make the cookies. During the holidays I would make cookies for my parents' friends at work who would actually pay me to make them. I am not known for too many talents however everyone loves my cookies. So you can imagine my distress when I moved to Colorado and every batch I made was to hard, runny, or greasy. I have been so frustrated, how can I make a good soft fluffy cookie in this high altitude? Today I finally accomplished the perfect chocolate chip cookie! Scott and I can't stop eating them. All I did was add an extra 1/4 cup of flour and 3 teaspoons of water. I also used organic sugar, real organic butter, unbleached flour and a pinch of cinnamon. Yummy!

2 comments:

Home-style Hodepodge said...

yum looks good to me!

Anonymous said...

They was yummy and now they're in me tummy!

-Scott

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.