Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Latest Oops Project


Anyone who knows me at all knows I love to paint and change color schemes in my house. I can usually only stand a color scheme for about two years and then I have to change something. Sometimes I paint a color and find the room feels too small or dark and this is a newer problem since the rooms in this house are much smaller than the ones in my house in Arizona that had an open floor plan. Since this is my hobby or some may think obsession I have to find ways to make it as economical as possible. I clean all my tools as thoroughly as possible no matter how tired I am after a project, because the tools can be the most expensive part of the project. Then there is the "Oops" paint at Home Depot. Every home depot has a selection of paint where for whatever reason it was considered a mistake. No matter what brand or finish this paint is only $5 a gallon. If the color is a little lighter or darker than you like they will adjust it for you at no additional cost. Today I went and found this beautiful Blue/Teal color and decided to paint the front entry to our home and this is how it turned out $5 and three hours of hard work later. Scott loves the color, he thinks it is one of my better choices. What's next?

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.