Saturday, August 1, 2009

Good Year for a Garden

The beautiful weather and excessive amount of rain this year has made our garden really take off. Here are a few of my favorites.
We have so much Kale! I am am so excited. If you are not familiar with the health benefits of kale please do some research and add it to your diet. Kale is known as a great antioxidant that prevents cancer and provides many vitamins and fiber too!
I love Zucchini! We have so many coming in Scott has taken some to work and we have handed out to the neighbors as well. My favorite is fried and Scott has found a great recipe for making fried zucchini for me YUM!!!!!
This is a cucumber Scott picked this morning and I used in a tossed salad for dinner this evening.
Our tomatoes still need some time. We are afraid we will have too many at once. We need to learn how to can if we keep this up.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.