Friday, August 21, 2009

More Reasons to LOVE Colorado!

A picture I took during our drive on the 285 near Fairplay, CO (South Park)
I have been trying my hardest for the past two years we have lived in Colorado to convince our family to move out here with us. I am so in love with this beautiful state and love everything about living here except my family is not here with me. I actually had a nightmare last night that Scott and I had to move back to Phoenix and I started to cry. Not that I do not like Arizona and appreciate the beauty of the desert and the convenience of traveling to Southern California or Las Vegas. But the summers are so long and hot and here the summer is awesome! Yes I have to deal with snow in the winter but the summer and fall make it worth it. At least coming from a desert girl who never knew summer could be so pleasant and only knew of fall from pictures.
Enjoying the Platte River near Bailey, CO
When we decided to move to Colorado we were influenced by so many surveys and reports naming Colorado as one of the "Best of" lists. Since we have moved here things have not changed. Today US news named Denver, Colorado among America's 10 Best Places to Grow Up. Another list I recently read was The counties in the country with the Best Job Growth and what do you know Douglas County, CO (were we live) was named as the fifth best in the country. How about what states are predicted to be the first to recover from the recession? Hmmm Colorado tops the list again. Money magazine released the 2009 Best Places to live and what do you know Louisville, CO tops the list. What more can I say? I have already posted numerous blogs with pictures and experiences and we can hardly get a visitor out here.

Whitney, Chelsea, my dad and grandma Jewell and Sean's friends are the only visitors so far. Both Whitney and Chelsea say they would love to live here but they have to finish school first. My dad even showed interest in retiring here in a couple of years. Scott's brother and his wife would be out here now if they could sell their house in Arizona. So I guess I need to be patient and keep posting tempting reasons to join us in Colorado!

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.