Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whitney is so far away!!!!!

Our daily walks are the highlight of my days, a time to distress, unwind and share random thoughts and ideas with each other. Today as Scott and I walked the dogs through the open area in our neighborhood we took a detour and ended up walking through fields of sunflowers. Looking at the sunflowers made me think of my oldest daughter Whitney. Whitney has always been a fan of sunflowers so much so they were the flower of her wedding. I can't believe Whitney is so far away in Nashville! As a mother I feared my children moving far way from me and now it has happened. I know a Master's degree from Vanderbilt will open doors for Whitney in the future but where will she settle after college and start her family? Chelsea and Owyn in Arizona is difficult enough. Ideally I would like all of us living in the same city so when I am a teacher I can spend my breaks with my grandchildren. I know that may be too much to ask but less than a six hour drive would do.

Whitney has started her own blog about her life in Nashville. Please check out her blog Goodbye Desert...Hello Music City.

No comments:

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Pink Roses in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard

Summer in the Backyard
Sparky happy outside in the summer. What a change from an Arizona summer!

Fall Colors in the Backyard.

Fall Colors in the Backyard.